Yahoo has been in the business for more than 2 decades offering various web services such as web directories, news, weather, entertainment, Fashion, Yahoo Groups, Yahoo Answers, and, especially, Yahoo Mail. Yahoo has earned a lot of reputation worldwide and what has made it a reliable name in the industry is its Yahoo customer support service.
The customer support of Yahoo allows users to experience uninterrupted Yahoo services by providing prompt assistance for all Yahoo-related issues. Some of the common issues for which you can seek assistance from Yahoo customer support are mentioned below.
Common Issues for Which Users Seek Assistance from Yahoo Customer Support
- Hacked Yahoo Account
Using a weak or easy-to-guess password for your account is the most common reason that lets hackers intrude into your account. If your account gets hacked ever by anyone, you can recover it easily by resetting the password. However, make sure that you have access to one of the account recovery options (phone or email password) to reset the password.
- File Attachment Issue
This is one of the most frustrating issues which can be a bit tricky to resolve. If you are facing trouble attaching a file from your Yahoo Mail account, the problem can be occurring because of different reasons such as the file being larger than the size limit allowed, the attachment is in a restricted format, or it is affected by the virus. Resolving these reasons will clear the issue with a file attachment.
- Problem Sending and Receiving Emails
When you configure your Yahoo Mail account on an email client with incorrect settings, you may face problems sending or receiving emails in your Yahoo Mail account. To fix this issue, make sure you have the correct IMAP/POP settings. Once you have the correct settings, re-configure your Yahoo Mail account with the relevant email client.
- Slow Loading
If you are facing frequent slowness and loading issues, it could be occurring because of a problem with your web browser, poor internet connection, or a program running on the computer. In such a case, you can try fixing the problem by:
- Updating your web browser
- Clearing browser cache
- Disabling add-ons and extensions
- Checking network connection
- Closing excess programs
- Recover Lost or Delete Emails
When you are unable to recover your lost emails, it is suggested to use the Search option to locate the email. However, if still, you are unable to recover lost or deleted emails in your Yahoo Mail account, you can submit a Restore Request to Yahoo and get your emails back.
Apart from the above-mentioned issues, there are numerous other problems for which users can get assistance by contacting Yahoo customer support.
How to Contact Yahoo Customer Support?
You may be able to get rid of certain Yahoo-related issues on your own with little know-how, however, for some issues; you might have to seek support from Yahoo customer service. To know the different assistance options to contact Yahoo customer support, go through the information below:
- Yahoo Help Center
At Yahoo Help Center, you can find support for all your Yahoo-related issues and important tips to manage your account. If facing trouble with your account, you can make use of the Search option to find assistance for your problem. Just go to the Yahoo Help Center page and enter the keyword related to the problem you are facing with your account in the Search field.
For example, if you are having trouble accessing your account, you can enter keywords such as “unable to access my account” and click on the Search Help button. As you will click on the Search Help button, you will get a list of helpful guides related to the keyword. Simply select the appropriate help guide and follow the information provided in it to overcome the issue.
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Another option to get support for your issue or query is using the Frequently Asked Questions section. At FAQs, you can find assistance to most of the frequently asked/reported queries related to Yahoo. To get to the FAQs section, go to the Yahoo Help Center page and click on the FAQ option located under the BROWSE BY TOPIC section located on the left-hand side panel.
- Social Media Pages
Users can also seek support for their particular problem through the Social media pages of Yahoo. Below, you can find the relevant links to the Social Media Pages for Yahoo customer care.
- Contact Us
Yahoo customer support is also known for providing support through its dedicated team of Yahoo specialists. For this, Yahoo has a particular section “Contact us” from where users can get in touch with one of the Yahoo specialists and find guided assistance for their problem.
At the “Contact Us” page, you can get connected to a Yahoo specialist via live chat or email support. To know how to seek assistance from the Yahoo specialist on the Contact Us page, follow the information provided below.
Steps to Get support from Yahoo Specialist
- Go to the Yahoo Help Center page and click on the “Contact us” option located on the lower-left section. You will be directed to the next screen.
- On the next screen, enter your email address in the provided field, and select the product for which you need assistance. Then, you will need to complete the Captcha requirement and click on the Get Started
- As you will click on the Get Started button, you will be directed to the next window where you will be given the following two options:
- Contact Yahoo Specialist
- See product related help articles
From the given options, you will need to select the “Contact Yahoo Specialist” option.
- After selecting the “Contact Yahoo Specialist” option, you will need to choose a category (related to the problem) from the list on the next window. Suppose, if you are having trouble accessing your account, select a relevant category under “What can we help you with?” section.
- On the subsequent screen, you will be prompted to select the type of issue you are experiencing. Accordingly, you will be taken to the next screen where you are most likely to get these two options:
- Chat with a Yahoo specialist
- Email a Yahoo specialist
- From the given options, you will need to select the first option – “Chat with a Yahoo specialist”. Selecting this option will ask you to provide certain details on the next window. Enter the required details and click on the Create Request As you will click on this button, you will be connected to a Yahoo specialist. From there, you can discuss the exact issue that you are facing in your Yahoo account.
NOTE: Instead of seeking assistance from a Yahoo specialist via live chat, you can also get support via email support. All you need to do is select “Email a Yahoo Specialist” and follow the instructions accordingly.
As additional information, below you can find the detailed solution for the two most common Yahoo-related issues.
Steps to Recover Forgotten Yahoo Password
If you have forgotten the password for your Yahoo account and you are unable to access it, you can regain access to your account by resetting your Yahoo password. Below, you can find the step-by-step instructions for resetting the password of your Yahoo account.
NOTE: Before following the instructions, make sure that you have access to one of the account recovery options associated with your account. The account recovery option can be either your phone number or an alternative email address that you provided at the time of registering your account. These options are considered useful in the verification of your identity as the rightful owner of the account.
- On your web browser, go to the Yahoo sign-in page, enter your Yahoo user id in the prompted field and click on the Next button.
- On the next screen, where you will be prompted to enter your password, click on the “I forgot my password” You will be directed to the next screen.
- On the next screen, you will be given one of the account recovery options (with hidden numbers or alphabets) associated with your account.
- If you recognize the given account recovery option, you will need to select the “Yes, text me the verification code” (for phone number) or “Yes, please send me a verification” code button (for the email address).
- Clicking on this option will send a verification code on your phone or email address. You will need to enter the code on the subsequent window and click on the Verify
- Once the code will be verified successfully, you will see a success message on the next window with the following two options:
- Create a new password
- While clicking on the Continue option will take you to your Yahoo account, clicking on the second option – Create a new password will take you to next window where you will be prompted to enter your new password.
- As you have forgotten your account password, you will need to select the second option i.e. “Create a new password” and enter the new password in the provided fields on the next screen.
- After entering the new password, click on the Continue button. The new password for your Yahoo account will be created.
- After that, you will be directed to the next screen where you will be prompted to review your account recovery options. Once you are done reviewing the recovery options, simply click on the Looks Good button to get to your Yahoo account.
NOTE: In case you don’t recognize the given account recovery option (in step 4), you will need to click on the “I don’t have access to this phone or email address” to get to the next account recovery option available.
Guide to Recover Lost or Deleted Emails
If ever your emails get deleted or missing in your Yahoo Mail account, you can try recovering them first using the Search option.
- Sign in to your Yahoo Mail account and go to the Search option located on the above section.
- Enter the keyword related to the email that you are recovering and click on the Search Mail
- From the search result that appears on your screen, find the email which you were looking for.
- Also, you can search the email in the Trash folder.
If you are unable to find the email using the Search option, you can submit a restore request to Yahoo and get your desired emails back to your account. However, when submitting a Restore Request, make sure you consider the following:
- Only those missing or deleted emails will be recovered that would have been lost or deleted in the last 7 days.
- Not all restore requests are successful.
- Once submitted, you will not be allowed to cancel the restoration request.
- Emails that are recovered through the restoration process will be added back to the same folder where they were at the time frame you choose to restore your account. Therefore, make sure to check your Trash folder as well in case you don’t find the emails in the expected folders.
Now, as you have complete information on Yahoo customer support, you can easily seek assistance for any Yahoo problem you face with your account.