USCIS, short for the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services, is a reputed agency of the United States Department of Homeland Security which is known for administering the naturalization and immigration system of the nation. Earlier known as Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS), it was withdrawn by the Homeland Security Act of 2002 and was replaced within the DHS by three components – Immigration and Customer Enforcement (ICE), Customs and Border Protection (CBP), and USCIS.
While USCIS is responsible for performing some of the duties of the INS, such as processing applications for work visas, citizenship, and asylum, and other immigration matters, it is officially assigned to safeguard national security, improving efficiency, and clearing immigration case backlogs. While the administration work carried out by USCIS is always smooth, however, to cater to various concerns and queries of applicants and others, the agency has several mediums to provide assistance. So, whether you want to know about USCIS customer service hours or ways to contact USCIS customer support, you can find all the required information below.
Know About USCIS Customer Service Hours
If you are looking to seek assistance from USCIS customer support, you can easily get it using one of the support mediums available on their customer support center. However, to get assistance, make sure that you can contact them during their working hours. The USCIS Contact Center Live Agents are available for the following timings:
- Monday to Friday: 08:00 AM to 08:00 PM
- Saturday: 09:00 to 05:00 PM
NOTE: The above-mentioned timings are for each time zone.
Ways to Contact USCIS Customer Support for Assistance
Whether you want to get assistance filling a form, changing your address, creating an account, or checking your case status, you can all such information easily by contacting USCIS customer service. Below are the ways that can help you contact USCIS customer service for assistance.
For common queries related to the services offered by USCIS, you can find assistance using the search help option. To know how to use the search help option to get assistance, follow the information provided below.
- Open a web browser on your computer and go to the homepage of US Citizenship and Immigration Services (https://www.uscis.gov/).
- Once you are on the homepage, you will need to click on the Contact Us option located near the top-right corner of the screen. You will be directed to the next screen.
- On the next screen, you will see the Search Help
- In the Search our Site field, you will need to enter the keyword related to your concern or query and press the Enter key on your keyboard.
- From the search result, you can select the relevant topic and follow the information provided in it to get an answer to your query.
USCIS Online Tools and Resources
With USCIS Online Tools and Resources, you can easily check your case status, change your address, check processing times, and much more on USCIS. To know how to get to USCIS online Tools and Resources support option, follow the instructions provided below.
- Open the homepage of US Citizenship and Immigration Services (https://www.uscis.gov/) on your computer web browser.
- Once you are on the homepage, you will need to click on the Contact Us option located on the upper-right corner of the screen. You will be taken to the next screen.
- On the next screen, you will need to click on the Tools and Resources option where it reads “Did you know you can use the USCIS online tools and resources to manage your case?”.
- As you will click on the Tools and Resources option, you will be directed to the next screen.
- On the next screen, you can browse through the various tools and resources to get desired assistance.
Social Media Support
The United States Citizenship and Immigration Services is also active on many popular social networking sites such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube. You can either post your query or concern on the walls of the respective social media pages of USCIS or you can send a direct message wherever the option is available.
- Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/uscis)
- Twitter (https://www.twitter.com/uscis)
- LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/company/uscis)
- Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/uscis)
- YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/uscis)
Another support medium that you can use to get assistance for your query or problem is through “How Do I Guides”. At “How Do I Guides”, you can find the answers for issues related to various categories such as US Citizens, Nonimmigrants, Employers, General Information, Permanent Residents, Payment, and more. Below are the steps that you will need to follow to get to How-Do I Guides.
- Go to the homepage of USCIS ((https://www.uscis.gov/) on your computer web browser.
- Once you are on the homepage, you will need to click on the Contact Us option located on the top-right corner of the screen.
- On the next page, you will need to click on the Tools and Resources option where it reads “Did you know you can use the USCIS online tools and resources to manage your case?”.
- On the Tools and Resources page, you will need to click on the How Do I Guides option located in the left-hand side panel.
- On the next screen, you will find the list of different categories. You can browse through the categories to find assistance for your particular issue or query.
So, these are the different ways you can contact USCIS customer support for assistance during their USCIS customer service hours.