Rochester Gas and Electric (RG&E) is a subsidiary of AVANGRID, which is an energy service and delivery company combining the resources and expertise of eight electric and natural gas utilities with an $8.3 billion base catering over 3.1 million customers in New York and New England. RG&E ensures the reliability, efficiency, and security of its services and strives to meet the expectations and needs of its customers.
No matter if you are cooking dinner, taking a hot shower, or heating your home, RG&E offers a reliable supply of safe electricity and clean-burning natural gas. To make sure of its uninterrupted services, the company offers reliable assistance through its RG&E customer support. If you ever have to seek assistance for any problem or query, you can contact RG&E customer support through various options provided below.
Guide to Contact RG&E Customer Support
To contact RG&E customer support, you can follow the information provided below. The RG&E customer support includes numerous assistance options such as – FAQs, Phone Support, Email Support, Emergency support, etc. Choose the assistance options as per your requirement and follow the information provided below.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
If you have general queries related to Accounts, Safety, Outage, or “My Account”, it is best to first to visit the Frequently Asked Questions section of RG&E customer support. Here, you will be able to find an answer to most of your queries.
The FAQs section includes multiple categories to make it easier for customers to seek assistance accordingly. For example, if you wish to seek an answer for paying the bill with a credit card, RGE AutoPay Services, Purchasing electricity supply, etc.
You can click on the Account tab and find the answer for such queries. Similarly, if you wish to seek information for contacting RG&E for an emergency or about running programs and products, you will need to click on the Support tab under the FAQs section.
If you wish to report an outage or an electrical emergency, you can seek information regarding the same on the Emergency Contact section of RG&E customer support. Here you will find the following information:
Outage and Storm Assistance (Available 24 by 7, 365 Days)
If you wish to report about an outage or an electrical emergency, you will need to go to the Outage Central page. On this page, you will need to click on the REPORT OUTAGE button. Doing so will direct you “Report Electric Outage” page where you will find the phone numbers to report emergency which are as follows:
- For Natural Gas Emergency or Smell a Gas Odor:743.1702 or 911
- For Reporting a Life-Threatening Electricity Emergency:743.1701 or 911
- Customer with life support systems or other special needs that depend on electricity service will be notified of planned interruptions of service by RG&E team for scheduled maintenance or repairs. Also, RG&E team will contact you for unplanned outages to help you plan for your needs. If you need support during an outage, you will need to call RG&E customer support at 743.2110.
NOTE: During a Major Storm Events, RG&E customer support provides updates on Twitter and Facebook.
Phone and Email
If you need further assistance for your problem or query related to RG&E services, you can get in touch with RG&E customer support experts via email and phone support medium. Also, if you wish to report energy theft, you can do so by following the information provided below.
RG&E Email Support
If you wish to seek assistance for a problem or query via RG&E email support, you can follow the steps below.
- Go to the RG&E email support
- On the RG&E email support page, you will need to select the button next to the topic which justifies the primary nature of the issue you are facing.
NOTE: Alternatively, you can click on the quick links given in the topics for more information about the topic.
- Next, scroll down to get to the Contact Information
- In the Contact information section, you will need to enter the required information in the prompted fields. The information you will need to provide includes – Your First Name, Last Name, Service Address, City, State, Zip Code, RG&E Account Number, Phone Number, Email Address.
- If you wish to add a comment related to your query, you can do so by entering the comments in the space provided below the form.
NOTE: Make sure to add – email@example.com to your contact list in order to prevent the response email from RG&E customer support being identified as spam.
- After that, complete the reCAPTCHA requirements and click on the Submit You will get the solution for your problem or query via email.
RG&E Phone Support
Another way to seek assistance from RG&E customer support is by contacting through phone support. Following are the RG&E customer care phone numbers that you can use to contact RG&E customer support.
Outage and Storm Assistance (24 by 7, 365 Days)
- For Life-Threatening Electricity Emergency:743.1701 or 911
- For Natural Gas Emergency of if your Smell a Natural Gas Odor1:743.1702 or 911
- Self Service Line:295.7323 (24 Hours/7days)
- Customer Service:743.2110 (Monday – Friday, 7 AM)
- Payment arrangements:266.3492
- Hearing/Speech Impaired (TTY): New York Relay Service – 711
- Dig Safe: 962.7962 or 811
Report Energy Theft
If you wish to report an energy theft incident including theft of copper or other utility equipment, you can either call on RG&E customer support at 888.253.2247 or you can submit an energy theft form by following these steps.
- Go to the Report Energy Theft page of RG&E.
- On this page, go to the Contact Information and fill out the form with required details.
- The information that you will need to provide includes – First Name, Last Name, Email Address, Day Phone, and Night Phone.
- Then, you will need to fill the form under “Location of Suspected Problem” section with information – Street Address, City, State, ZIP Code, and Description of the Situation.
NOTE: Optionally, you can allow RG&E investigator to contact you by selecting the checkbox next to “I would like an RG&E investigator to contact me” under Key Permission section.
- After that, complete the reCAPTCHA requirement and click on the Submit
Social Media Pages
Following are the social media pages that you can visit for further information on RG&E:
So, these are the assistance options that you can use to seek assistance from RG&E customer support.