There can be numerous reasons that you may want to reset your Facebook account password. The reasons can be anything from forgetting your password to the hacking of your account. So, if you are also experiencing any such issue with your Facebook account and searching for ways to reset your FB password, then look no further than below. We have mentioned two perfect ways for the Facebook Password Reset option.
Facebook Password Reset Steps For Users
Method 1: Facebook Password Reset When Can Login
If you are suspecting some suspicious activity in your Facebook account and think that someone else has access to your account, you can go for this method.
- Log in to your Facebook account.
- Select “Settings” from the drop-down menu given at the top right corner of the Facebook page.
- Click on the “Password” option available at the page.
- It will ask you the current password and then the new password of your Facebook account.
- Type-in the passwords and click on “save changes”.
- It will instantly change your password to the new one.
Method 2: Facebook Password Reset When Can’t Login
- Go to the sign-in page of Facebook.
- Click on option Forgotten account located on the top left side of your screen.
- You will be directed to a new page where you will need to enter your user id (Email address or phone number) and click on the Search
- On the next screen, you will be prompted to verify that you own the account. You will be asked to choose any one option out of the three to receive a code to reset your password. Click on Continue tab after selecting any one option.
- You will receive a code on your email or phone number (depends upon the option you select). Enter the code on the next screen and click on Continue
- You will be directed to password reset Create your new password and click on Continue tab. You are done!