Are you a regular Yahoo service seeker? Do you use Yahoo most often? Why not make Yahoo your homepage?
Accessing Yahoo and using its other services will be easier than ever when you change your browser homepage to the Yahoo site. However, the procedure to make Yahoo your homepage varies from browser to browser.
“How to Make Yahoo My Homepage?” – Your question has been answered in the following ways. In this article, we have discussed the methods to carry out the task.
How to Make Yahoo My Homepage
For Chrome Browser Users
- Open the Chrome Browser and click on the ‘triple dot’ icon and from the drop-down menu, you need to select “Settings”.
- In the ‘Appearances’ section, check the “Show Home Button” box.
- You need to click the “Change” button that shows beneath the box.
- Click on “Open this page” and provide the Yahoo page that you wish to begin on.
- “On Startup” section, you have to select “Open a specific page or set of pages” – Set Pages
- Yahoo pages must be entered
- So, next time you start Chrome, Yahoo page will automatically start
For Internet Explorer Users
Like Chrome, users of Internet Explorer will have to follow more or less the same procedure and set their browser to open Yahoo pages.
- Open the Internet Explorer browser and click the “Tools” (anyone doesn’t see the option ‘Tools’ can press the ‘Alt’ key on the keyboard)
- From the drop-down menu, click the “Internet Options”
- In the section “Homepage”, you need to enter the Yahoo page web address (this will display in the ‘General’ tab button at the top. Enter additional addresses, such as yahoo.com for Yahoo Search, news.yahoo.com for Yahoo News, shopping.yahoo.com for Yahoo shopping and mail.yahoo.com for Yahoo Mail)
- Check whether the “Start with homepage” link is selected or not. This option/ link can be located in the “Startup” section of the “General” tab. (Once you are done with this, next time you open the browser it will automatically open up the Yahoo Pages)
- Select “OK” to keep the updates saved. (This ensures the homepage is set. Whenever the browser opens, Yahoo pages will load subsequently)
For Firefox Users
- Open the Firefox browser, select the “Open Menu”
- The Firefox settings will display
- Select the “Options” option (this will take you to another tab)
- On this page, users will see a “Homepage” field, which must be provided with the particular Yahoo page. This would take the command and load the pages already provided. (The pages are – yahoo.com for Yahoo Search, news.yahoo.com for Yahoo News, shopping.yahoo.com for Yahoo shopping and mail.yahoo.com for Yahoo Mail)
- What next? Users are required to select “Show my homepage” option from the menu “When Firefox Starts”. When you click the home button, the page will be loaded automatically, and the changes will be saved automatically.
For Microsoft Edge Users
The steps for Edge browser users are –
- Search for the Menu button and select the “Settings” option. The icon of the menu button is (…). The Setting option will be displayed on the sidebar.
- Under the “On Startup” section, users would come across the field “Open a specific page or set of pages Set pages” (follow the procedure as it will give you an option to set specific pages to start when the browser open or starts)
- From the drop-down menu, you have to choose the “Custom” button (by default, it will say MSN)
- On the startup page section, add a new page. You need to enter the Yahoo address that you wish to set into the text field. It will have “about start” mentioned by default.
- Some of the Yahoo addresses are – mail.yahoo.com for Yahoo Mail, yahoo.com for Yahoo Search, news.yahoo.com for Yahoo News, and shopping.yahoo.com for Yahoo shopping)
- Now, users need to click the “OK” button and save the address. Next time the Microsoft Edge browser opens, you will see your page coming on to the fore.
Users of Microsoft Edge must keep in mind that the browser does not have a usual Home button as others do. As you are done with the settings of Yahoo addresses, the settings will simply have an impact on the start page, which will load the command that you have saved earlier.
For Safari Users
Let’s take a quick look at the procedure to change the homepage on the Safari browser.
- Go to the Edit menu on the browser and from the drop-down menu, click on “Preferences”
- Look for “Safari opens with” from the menu and choose the “Homepage” link. The following websites will start when you open the browser – shopping.yahoo.com for Yahoo shopping, mail.yahoo.com for Yahoo Mail, news.yahoo.com for Yahoo News, and yahoo.com for Yahoo Search.
- You are encouraged to add the homepage to the toolbar. (This particular action needs to be completed manually. The browser does not include the homepage button by default. Doing it manually will equip it with quick access to your added Yahoo addresses)
- Select the view menu and customize the toolbar
- You have got to drag the home button into the toolbar of Safari
Is this article useful? Are you able to accomplish the task efficiently? If yes, thank you. If no, you must get in touch with the technicians. Contact the Yahoo support team and seek the service of highly-trained professionals.