Capital One Financial Corporation, simply known as Capital One, is a bank holding company that specializes in credit cards, banking, saving accounts, and auto loans. It is one of the largest banks in the United States and is well known for being a technology-focused bank. With more than 2000ATMs, 750 branches, which also include 30 café style locations, Capital One is ranked 98th on the Fortune 500 and 17th on Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For.
By purchase volume, Capital One was the 5th largest credit card issuer in 2016. Moreover, in 2018, around 75% of the revenues of the company (for the fourth quarter) were from credit cards and the rest from consumer banking and commercial banking. Such a reputation has helped Capital One in creating a large customer base throughout the US.
If you are one of the bank’s customers or looking to become one, you can find assistance for all your queries through Capital One customer support. To know how to contact Capital One customer service, go through the information provided below.
Ways to Contact Capital One Customer Service
Support Center is an ideal assistance medium if you are looking for support for queries related to Credit Card products, Banking Deposit products, Travel Notification for Debit Card, and more. To get to the Support Center, you will need to follow these steps:
- Go to the Capital One homepage on your browser.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the Support Center option in the Support You will be directed to the Support Center page.
- On the Support Center page, you can either browse through the displayed section to find information for your query or you can use the search bar for finding answers to your related concerns.
Social Networking Support
You can also seek assistance for your query or concern from Capital One customer support through social media site like Twitter. Capital One has a dedicated Twitter account where it allows you to get assistance for your varied Capital One related service. Just go to [email protected] (https://twitter.com/askcapitalone) on your browser and you will be able to seek appropriate assistance from Capital One customer support. Apart from Twitter, Capital One is also available on the following social media sites.
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/capitalone/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/capitalone/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/capital one/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/capitalone/
Phone and Email Assistance
Capital One Customer Support also offers assistance to the customer for their varied problems related to credit card, banking, loans, and other accounts and services. Below you can find these relevant phone numbers for assistance.
Credit Card Support
Personal Credit Cards
- Customer Service: 1 800 CAPITAL (1 800 227 4825) (For servicing of existing accounts only)
- Outside the US, call collect: 1 804 934 2001
- Online banking support: 1 866 750 0873
- Fraud Protection: 1 800 427 9428 or 1 800 239 7054
- International collect calls to report a lost or stolen card: 1 804 934 2001
- Apply for a credit card: 1 800 695 5500
- Secured Card Make an initial deposit: 1 800 219 7931
- Report death of a cardholder: 1 877 357 5659
- Small Business credit card: 1 800 867 0904
- Opt-out of marketing solicitations: 1 888 817 2970
Small Business Credit Card
- Small Business Credit Card Customer Service: 1 800 867 0904 (24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
- (Use this number also for opening an account or to report a lost or stolen credit card)
- Online Banking Customer Service for Small Business Credit Card Customers: 1 866 750 0873 (24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
- Report a lost or stolen card: 1 804 934 2001 International Collect (24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
Small Business Banking
- Customer Service for Business Accounts with Access to a Branch: 1 888 755 2172 (Monday – Friday, 08:00 AM – 08:00 PM ET)
- International Collect: 1 804 476 3030
- Customer Service for Business Accounts with Digital Access Only: 1 844 88 SPARK (77275) (Monday – Friday, 09:00 AM – 08:00 PM ET)
- International Collect: 1 804 476 3040
Capital One Merchant Services
- Capital One Merchant Services: 1 888 754 4371 (24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
- 1 800 943 6108 x1 (Monday to Friday, 09:00 AM to 08:00 PM ET)
Collect call support if you’re outside the U.S.
If you are looking to call Capital One from outside the US about your credit card, you will need to get in touch with an international operator. For this:
- Open att.com/traveler on your browser to locate an international operator and call them.
- Tell the representative that you are calling the U.S. collect and need the Capital One phone number (1 804 934 2001).
- You will need to give your name as “Capital One Customer” when asked.
Capital One Bank
Customer service for Retail Branch Banking Accounts: 1 800 655 BANK (2265)
You can call on this phone number for Checking, Savings, CD & IRA accounts, and also to report a lost or stolen ATM/Debit Card. You can access the automated services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. However, the Customer Service Bankers are available from Sunday to Saturday from 08:00 AM to 11:00 PM EST.
Customer service for Non-Branch Account: 1 888 810 4013
You can use this phone number to get information on Money Market, Checking, Savings & CD accounts & to report a lost or stolen ATM/Debit Card. You can access the Automated services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The Customer Service Bankers are available from Monday to Friday from 08:00 AM – 07:00 PM EST.
Report a lost or stolen ATM/Debit card: 1 804 967 1000 International Phone Number
Online Banking Assistance: 1 877 442 3764 (Get Help with online banking questions)
NOTE: You can contact Capital One for reporting suspicious emails such as phishing emails that claim to be from Capital One. For this, you will need to forward the suspicious email to [email protected].
Capital One 360 Banking
- New Customers: 1 800 289 1992 08:00 AM 11:00 PM ET, 7 days a week
- Existing Customers: 1 888 464 0727 08:00 AM 11:00 PM ET, 7 days a week
- Interactive Phone Services: 1 888 464 7868
- Contact by Fax: Written Correspondence and Documents: 1 888 464 3220
- Existing Customer: 1 800 946 0332
- FAX: 1 866 722 0410
- Timing: Monday to Friday from 10:00 AM to 06:00 PM ET (24-hour automated assistance)
New and Used Financing Applications
- 1 800 689 1789
- Business Hours: Mon Fri, 09:00 AM 09:00 PM ET
- Saturday: 10:00 AM to 07:00 PM ET
Auto Refinance Applications
- 1 833 292 8336
- Business Hours: Monday to Friday, 09:00 AM – 07:00 PM ET
- Customer Service (For servicing of existing accounts only): 1 800 926 1000
- Online sign-in assistance: 1 877 442 3764
- Correspondence fax: 1 866 305 5391
Other Accounts and Services
Within Canada and the US
- Toll-free within Canada and the US: 1 800 481 3239
- Teletypewriter (TTY) Services: 1 800 219 1009
- NOTE: you must call from a TTY device for this text telephone service.
Outside of Canada or the US
- Outside of Canada or the U.S., call us collect: 1 804 934 2010
- Application status: 1 877 277 5901
- Say “application status” when prompted
To immediately lock your card temporarily, you can either use the App or call Capital One during opening hours on 0800 952 5267.
- General account: 03444 812 812
- General account (if you are calling from outside the UK): +44 115 993 8002
- Online account: 03444 814 000
- Report your card lost or stolen: 0800 952 5267
- Report your card lost and stolen from abroad: +44 115 993 8002
- Report fraud: 0800 952 5458
- Struggling with payments and need help: 0800 952 4966
- Existing applications: 0800 952 5252
If you are deaf or hard of hearing
- General account or lost and stolen: 18001 0344 481 8852
- Report suspect fraud on your account: 18001 0800 9525066
- If you’re struggling with payments and need help: 18001 0800 9525071
NOTE: Due to the impact of the Coronavirus, the opening times at present are as follows:
- Monday to Friday: 08:00 AM to 09:00 PM
- Saturday: 08:00 AM to 05:00 PM
- Sunday: Closed
Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA) and Military Servicing
- Give Capital a call at 1 855 CAP1MIL (227 1645)
- Military specialists are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week on standby.
- Fax Number: 1 866 516 4023
Capital One Investing Online Accounts
- Online Accounts: 1 800 747 2537
- Advised Accounts: 1 800 248 3919
- Capital One Investing online account customer service Timing: Monday to Friday, 08:30 AM to 05:30 PM ET.
General Customer Service Phone Support
- General Customer Service Phone Number: 1 877 383 4802
Contact Capital One by US Mail
If you are looking to contact Capital One customer service by US Mail, you can find the relevant address mentioned below.
- Mailing a credit card payment: https://www.capitalone.com/support center/credit cards/mail credit card payment
- General correspondence: https://www.capitalone.com/support center/credit cards/mail capital one
- Investigating a misapplied payment: https://www.capitalone.com/support center/credit cards/mail capital one
- Disputing a credit card charge: https://www.capitalone.com/support center/credit cards/mail capital one
- Reporting suspected credit card fraud: https://www.capitalone.com/support center/credit cards/mail capital one/
Frequently Asked Questions
For common queries related to Capital One services, you can find an answer on the following relevant links:
- Auto Finance FAQS: https://www.capitalone.com/auto financing/faq/
- Auto Navigator FAQS: https://www.capitalone.com/cars/faq/
- Auto Refinance FAQS: https://www.capitalone.com/auto financing/refinance/faq/
- Canada Account FAQS: https://www.capitalone.ca/contact us/capitalonecards/
- Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA) and Military Servicing (SCRA FAQS): https://www.capitalone.com/military/faqs
So these are the different ways to contact Capital One Customer Service for assistance.