Short for Blue Cross Blue Shield, BCBS is known for providing healthcare coverage to members for more than eight decades; helping them live without worries and fear of health risks. BCBS provides a personalized approach to the healthcare of almost every Zip Code as per the requirements of the communities where their members work and reside. While offering healthcare coverage to more than 107 million members nationwide, BCBS very well understands and answers to the requirements of local communities.
And, this is the reason that over 95% of hospitals and doctors/specialists have a contract with Blue Cross Blue Shield companies. Well, if you are also looking to avail the health care services of this company or if you need assistance for any of their health coverage that you are using, you can contact Blue Cross Blue Shield customer service. There are numerous assistance options provided BCBS customer support to provide reliable support to the community. To know how to contact Blue Cross Blue Shield customer service, go through the information provided below.
Guide to Contact Blue Cross Blue Shield Customer Service
At Blue Cross Blue Shield customer service, there are several support options that you can use to get the answers to your queries and issues related to BCBS services. Below you can find the information on how to use these options to get appropriate assistance.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have common queries or issues related to Blue Cross Blue Shield services, such as Claims and Billing, Insurance Basics, Purchasing Insurance, Doctors, Hospitals and Specialties, My Coverage and Benefits, you can find answers to them by visiting the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) section. To get to the FAQ section, follow the instructions provided below.
- Open a web browser on your computer and go to the homepage of Blue Cross Blue Shield (https://www.bcbs.com/).
- Once you are on the homepage, you will need to scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the Contact Us This will direct you to the next screen.
- On the next screen, you will need to click on the FAQ option. Doing so will take you to the next page where you will find the different categories such as Claims and Billing, Doctors, Hospitals and Specialties, Insurance Basics, Purchasing Insurance, and My Coverage and Benefits.
- According to the categories, you can find the answer to your particular queries or issues.
- In case you are a Blue Cross Blue Shield member, it is suggested to contact your BCBS company for your particular queries about your plan, coverage, and more.
Social Networking Sites
Blue Cross Blue Shield is active on popular social networking sites such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube. While these websites are not suggested as an assistance medium to get help for your queries and issues, however, you can send a direct message if you want to seek assistance or you can visit the pages to get the latest updates about BCBS. Below you can find the direct links to the social media pages of Blue Cross Blue Shield.
- Facebook: (https://www.facebook.com/BCBSAssociation)
- LinkedIn: (https://www.linkedin.com/company/blue-cross-and-blue-shield-association/)
- Twitter: (https://twitter.com/BCBSAssociation)
- YouTube: (https://www.youtube.com/user/bluecrossblueshield)
In order to enhance and protect the healthcare system, the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association always tries to protect members from fraudsters looking to take advantage of a member’s fear related to any health risk. For this, the company has partnered with both state and federal agencies, and also advocacy organizations, to investigate, report, and prevent health care fraud. To know more about healthcare fraud and avoid being a victim of it, you can check more information on the Healthcare Fraud page of BCBS by following these steps:
- Go to the homepage of BCBS ((https://www.bcbs.com/) on a web browser of your computer.
- Once you are on the homepage, you will need to scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the Contact Us
- On the Contact Us page, you will need to click on the Healthcare Fraud This will direct you to the next page.
- On the next page, you will find complete information on Healthcare Frauds.
NOTE: At the time of writing this note, the information on the Healthcare Fraud page is mainly on the CORONAVIRUS/COVID-19 pandemic.
Phone Number Assistance
If the above-mentioned assistance options don’t help you overcome the issues or queries related to BCBS, you can contact Blue Cross Blue Shield services customer service using the following phone numbers.
- To Connect With Local Blue Cross Blue Shield Company: 888 630 2583
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (Healthcare Fraud): 1 800 225 5324
- Health and Human Services Office of the Inspector General: 1 877 696 6775
- Health and Human Services Office of the Inspector General COVID 19 Portal (Medicare Fraud): 1 800 447 8477
- Office of Personnel Management – Office of Inspector General: 1 202 606 1800
- Federal Trade Commission: 1 877 382 4357
- Federal Communications Commission:1-888-225-5322
- Securities And Exchange Commission:1-800-SEC-0330
- Federal Trade Commission: 1-877-438-4338
- United States Postal Inspection Service: 1-877-876-2455
- Coalition Against Insurance Fraud: 1-202-393-7330
- National Health Care Anti-Fraud Association: 1-202-659-5955
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Federal Employee Program: 1-800-411-2583
- Centers For Disease Control: 1-800-232-46
So, these are the different ways you can contact Blue Cross Blue Shield customer service for assistance.